Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I hate injustice!

Andy and I were watching the season finale of Law & Order SVU tonight. L & o is the one program that we both agree on and enjoy watching together. Otherwise, Andy is stuck on the History or Discover channels and I spend time on TLC, Foot Network, or mindless sitcoms. But that's not the point of my blog. The show tonight was about a young girl- raped and killed by two police officers- who got away with the crime for over 10 years. I was seething by the end of the show. I get SO angry when I see defenseless women and children vicitimized. I get furious when I hear of a woman being abused by her husband. I mean really angry. I gripe at the tv or to Andy if he's around. Then I have the notion in my mind reinforced that "most men are dogs." Of course that doesn't make my husband feel too great... even though he's NOT a dog. I really need to find an organization that ministers to victims of domestic violence to volunteer with. I need to find an effective and productive way to deal with my anger about injustice. Anyone have any ideas?? I want to find a way to turn rightoeous anger into righteous action that will help others, because me sitting around being furious about it helps nobody...

4 comments:

Leneita Fix said...

1 out of 4 girls in the inner city are sexually abused and one out of 6 boys.... Something like 60% of teen moms in the city were molested by the age of 12, causing a downward spiral of self destruction. Most of the women that I meet in the inner city think that there are "any decent men," so they continue in cycles of emotional and physical abuse... There is a shelter in Red Bank, and I know that Aslan is in DESPERATE need for volunteers. Sometimes the best way to get to know Mom is by loving on their child... But you know I am totally biased :)

A Girl, her God, and a Gift! said...

Thanks Leneita....both good ideas and also a motivation to get off of my angry butt and DO something.

Anonymous said...

I read several of your blog entries at once tonight. I love the pictures and the captions. As time passes, you'll find many more faces of yourself as "Mama". I, too, am blessed beyond belief with your beautiful daughters. Andy's love for you is so special - he really knows you. Leneita had some good facts and advice. I am also heartbroken for women, and their children, who experience abuse from the men whom they love. Pray for them until God puts them in your path. I made Grandma's buttermilk pound cake and took it to the family reunion yesterday. We all love it, and that's why I divided the leftovers between Kelly, Shelly, Crystal and myself. We all got a little more, but not too much. Love you sooooo much. Mom

Anonymous said...

Stacia im not sure i can be of any help but this world is made up of human beings not all are alike. What i am trying to say is that there is sickos all around us and sometimes we never who they are until something like this happens and it comes to light. So my suggestion is you find a local shelter and try working with the victims because they are the ones who need the help. Dont get me wrong the people who committ these crimes need help to but our hands as Americans or pretty much tied when it comes to the justice system. Pray for them and let God deal with them.
Love Daddy
P.S. kiss my babies and tell Andy hello oh kiss Mable also bye bye

background